Important Notice – Please read carefully.
MWT Associates, Inc. accepts reservations subject to these General Terms and Conditions. Any and all information herein is in effect at the time of printing and is subject to change at any time.
Note: Terms and Conditions for your preferred cruise/tour may vary.
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of your preferred cruise/tour for further details.
1. DEPOSIT(S). A minimum deposit is required to secure a reservation. Additional deposits may be required for certain tours. You will be advised of any additional deposit required at the time of reservation, please refer to the Terms and Conditions of your preferred cruise/tour for more details.
2. FINAL PAYMENT. Final payment must be received by MWT Associates, Inc. no later than the appropriate due date stated on the Terms and Conditions of your preferred cruise/tour. A reminder of final payment is sent one month prior to the due date.
Failure to make final payment when due will result in late fees, trip cost increase and/or reservation will be automatically cancelled and you will be responsible for the cancellation fees.
Payment(s) made to MWT Associates, Inc. constitutes your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of the passenger ticket contract, set our herein, including but no limited to the Cancellation Terms.
3. METHOD OF PAYMENT. MWT Associates, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: cash, personal check, money order, American Express, Discover, Master Card or Visa. The authorization to use a credit card indicates compliance with our Terms and Conditions.
Please be aware that some Credit Cards issuing banks impose a “Foreign Transaction Fee” on credit cards transactions processed outside the credit card issuing bank. This “Foreign Transaction Fee” is an arbitrary fee imposed by the credit card issuing banks, which accrues solely to their benefit. MWT Associates, Inc. derives absolutely no benefit, monetary or otherwise, from the assessment of these fees.
4. PRICES. Prices are quoted in U.S. dollars. MWT Associates, Inc. reserves the right to change our prices, itineraries and routing without notice. All prices have been calculated based on current tariffs and rates of exchange. US/Foreign Taxes, including September 11 Security Fee are additional. Airlines and hotels frequently change their prices as a result of fare increases and/or fuel surcharges. Prices may differ when you book your travel and are not guaranteed until full payment
is received for the final invoice price.
5. CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS. All cancellations must be in writing to MWT Associates, Inc. 1243 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95126. If you cancel your reservation, it is your responsibility to pay any cancellation fees imposed. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of your preferred cruise/tour for more details. Refunds may be issued 4 to 6 weeks after written cancellation request is received.
Trip Cancellation Insurance is highly recommended, see section 16 for more details.
6. DOCUMENTS. Documents will be mailed four to three weeks prior to departure but only after the booking is complete, full payment and all necessary information has been received.
7. AIR SCHEDULE. Air Schedules are confirmed four to three weeks after final payment is processed and all necessary information has been received.
Air Schedule may be changed by airline without prior notice.
Advance air seat selection is subject to the policy of the selected airline and may not be available.
8. LATE REGISTRATIONS. Due to the nature of tour operators and supplier payment schedules, any registration received after final payment due date or within 90 days of departure is considered a “late registration” and must be subject to special confirmation by a Reservations Coordinator. For reservations made after final payment due date, full and final payment is due at the time of making the reservation.
9. WAITING LIST. If the program(s) of your choice are fully subscribed when we receive your application, you will automatically be placed on a waiting list and you will be notified via e-mail or mail. If you choose to withdraw from the waiting list, please notify MWT Associates, Inc. in writing and your deposit will be returned as quickly as possible.
Please note that MWT Associates, Inc. will not keep you apprised of your status on the waiting list. We will call you only if a space becomes available, but you are welcome to call us at your convenience to inquire about your status.
10. AIR SERVICE. Most international tours include roundtrip air transportation by regularly scheduled jet service. Space is reserved in advance for the group, based on the stated itinerary.
Please note that the "Package tour cost with roundtrip air" require that all international air arrangements be made through MWT Associates, Inc. on the airline selected for that trip. International airfares are based upon Advanced Purchase Excursion fares and are subject to change by the airlines without notice prior to purchase.
11. NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION. Passport’s front page, Liability and Passenger Information Forms are required at final payment. Liability form, Passenger Information Form and any other necessary documentation will be mailed with final payment reminder. Failure to provide forms, guest may result in financial penalties imposed by foreign immigration authorities. All costs related to inaccurate data are the responsibility of the guest. Final documents will not be issued prior to receipt of this completed forms and a copy of your Passport’s front page.
12. PASSPORT/VISAS. A Passport must be valid six months after the scheduled return date of your travel. It is the passenger’s responsibility to have a valid passport, necessary visas and public health documents for all applicable countries being visited and comply with all custom requirements. Without the required documents, passenger may be denied entry and accommodations by MWT Associates, Inc. If guest is refused entry during travel MWT Associates, Inc. will not make a refund or be otherwise liable for such denial of entry.
In the event that MWT Associates, Inc., as a courtesy, provides information or advice as to necessary travel documents guests are still obligated to verify such information with the appropriate government authorities and MWT Associates, Inc. does not guarantee the accuracy of such information. Some countries require passports to be valid six months beyond intended stay. Please check with the appropriate consulate for specific requirements.
13. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS. All travel documents (air, land and cruise tickets, passport, medical card, inoculation verification) are the guest’s responsibility. Security measures imposed by governments may change from time to time and each guest will be required to comply with them. As a courtesy, MWT Associates, Inc. will endeavour to provide each guest with notice of measures that may affect them, but complying with any such requirements is the sole responsibility of each guest.
In the event that MWT Associates, Inc., as a courtesy, provides information or advice as to necessary travel documents, visas and medical inoculations, guests are still obligated to verify such information with the appropriate government authorities and MWT Associates, Inc. does not guarantee the accuracy of such information. Please check with the appropriate consulate for specific requirements.
14. BAGGAGE. MWT Associates, Inc. limits baggage allowance to one bag per passenger unless otherwise specified. If guests travel with more than one bag additional fees may apply.
Airlines Baggage limitations and fees vary from airline to airline. Please refer to the specific airlines website for specific guidelines.
MWT Associates, Inc. does not assume liability for any loss, delay or misdirect baggage.
15. NOT INCLUDED. Due to fluctuation, air taxes & fees, foreign exchange and security surcharges will be added at final billing. Visa and Passport fees, vaccinations, meals not specified, porterage and gratuities (unless specified in trip inclusions) are not included. Also not included alcohol, drinks, laundry, telephone and personal amenities.
16. OPTIONAL TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE. MWT Associates, Inc. offers Trip Cancellation Insurance with every tour. It is highly recommended and will be encouraged to be paid with deposit, to provide coverage for loss of deposit, cancellation fees, lost baggage, medical expenses and other potential travel-related losses in certain circumstances. If paid with deposit or within (15) fifteen days of your initial deposit, pre-existing medical condition limitations are waived for traveler, companion and immediate family members. It covers a terrorist incident in a City listed on the Insured’s itinerary within 30 days of the Insured’s scheduled arrival and supplier default. NEW Inclusion: Traveler or a travel companion is terminated or laid off through no fault of his or her own, provided that he or she has been an active employee for the same employer for at least 2 years. Coverage does not apply to any sickness of the insured or condition that existed in the 60 days period before the Insured’s coverage began for which you or your Traveling Companion, Business Partner or an Immediate Family Member booked to travel with the Insured. The policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions, and termination provisions. Not all coverages are available in all states. A brochure detailing the Trip Insurance coverage will be sent with your initial invoice confirmation. The cost of this important protection will be conveniently added to your invoice unless declined at time of booking or final payment. To receive this value protection, simply remit the amount indicated with payment. The plan cost must be paid in order for the plan to be effective.
Additional Premium will apply for single supplement, pre, post, air tax, upgrades and/or any additional items purchased.
17. DEVIATIONS. Any requests for deviations must be in writing and received by MWT Associates, Inc. and subject to air availability. A non-refundable $200 per person deviation fee must be paid prior to any arrangements, plus additional expenses maybe incurred for airfare and itinerary.
18. TRANSFERS. Transfers are provided if specified in trip inclusions. If own air arrangements are made by passenger transfers will not be provided unless pre purchased.
19. ALTERATIONS TO TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS. a) If improvements can be made, or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes necessary, we reserve the right to vary itineraries and to substitute hotels. MWT Associates, Inc. reserves the right to alter or cancel travel arrangements at any time. Every effort will be made to provide arrangements as planned, but alterations may still occur after final itineraries are sent. MWT Associates, Inc. will then provide, wherever possible, similar travel arrangements. Where travel arrangements of a lower standard only are available, MWT Associates, Inc. will refund the difference between the price of arrangements booked and the actual arrangements provided. If the arrangements provided are of higher standard, there will be an extra charge to you. b) In the case of a supplier failing to provide travel arrangements as reserved, either shortly before or on arrival, MWT Associates, Inc. will make every effort to provide alternative arrangements on the above basis, but shall not otherwise be liable to compensate you where such failure on the part of the supplier to provide travel arrangements is beyond our control.
20. ACCOMMODATION. MWT Associates, Inc. chooses hotels based on a combination of their location, service, atmosphere and price. On adventure tours and programs in out-of-the way places, best-available hotels are used. In most cases, hotels have elevators. Program prices are based on two people sharing a room with a bath.
Twin Share/Double Occupancy accommodations are based on two single beds or one double bed as provided by the hotel. Hotels provide triple accommodation generally with a twin or double-bedded room and one rollaway bed at an additional charge. Single room accommodations must be booked by guest’s wishing to travel alone. Special requests such as non-smoking floors or king-size beds cannot be guaranteed.
21. VALUABLES. Accommodations may be equipped with a personal safe, however MWT Associates, Inc. will not be responsible for any lost/stolen articles such as money, jewelry, cameras, binoculars, documents or any other items, which you retain personally.
22. MEDICAL CONSIDERATIONS. Some tours require medical certification from your doctor. This requirement is noted on the individual itineraries. On these tours, a medical form will be sent to you. You are responsible for advising MWT Associates, Inc. in writing of any medical conditions that may in any way affect your ability to undertake the travel arrangements that you have purchased. In addition, you must provide a letter from your doctor stating the nature of the medical condition and certifying that you are physically fit to undertake the travel arrangements as purchased. If you have any questions about whether your health and physical abilities are suitable for a tour’s activities, please call MWT Associates, Inc.
23. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS. MWT Associates, Inc. will make a reasonable effort to accommodate special requests, such as smoking, adjacent or connection rooms, bed size and dietary needs; however we cannot guarantee that these requests will accommodated.
You must request special requirements in writing to MWT Associates, Inc.; applicable fees may apply for such services. Without such written notice, MWT Associates, Inc. accepts no responsibility for special requirements not provided.
24. SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS. Participants may join the group en route and/or stay on after the end of the program. In such cases, however, no refund can be made for unused portions of the tour.
25. CHILDREN. MWT Associates, Inc. travel programs are designed for those interested in the cultural, and scientific aspects of the program and are suitable for children 8 years or older with the necessary curiosity and interest. Children, regardless of age, must pay the full price and those under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. If the adult accompanying the minor is not their parent, a parental consent guardianship form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian and received by MWT Associates, Inc prior to travel.
26. RESPONSIBILITIES OF TOUR MEMBERS. Trip members have certain responsibilities to MWT Associates, Inc., vendors, and other members of the tour. There are set times for different events and tours. Trip members have to be considerate of other members and be on time for departures. It will then be the tour member's responsibility to get to the event or meal location. Trip members are responsible for understanding the conditions implied in the tour and their ability and appropriate behavior for the tour. It is vital that persons with medical problems make them known to us well before departure. The trip leader has the right to disqualify anyone at any time during the trip if he or she feels the trip member is emotionally, mentally or physically incapable or if the trip member’s continued participation will jeopardize the individual involved or the group. Refunds are not given under such circumstances.
27. RESPONSIBILITY. The sponsoring organization and MWT Associates act only as agents for the various carriers for which tickets are provided, and assume no responsibility or liability in connection with the service of any vessel, carriage aircraft, or in part in the performance of its duty to the passenger neither injury, loss, accident, delay, irregularity, which may be occasioned by reason of any defect in any vehicle, or through neglect or default of any company or person engaged in conveying the passenger, or for any hotel proprietor, or hotel service, or for any person engaged in carrying the purpose for which tickets and coupons are issued. In the event it becomes advisable for the comfort and well being of passengers, or for any reason whatsoever, to alter itinerary or arrangements, such alterations may be made without penalty to the operators. The right is reserved to withdraw any or all tours should conditions warrant; also to decline, to accept or retain any passenger as members of the tour. In such instances, full or equitable amounts will be refunded. Refunds for unused carrier tickets may be made only in accordance with the regulations of the carrier. All fares are based on our tariffs as of this printing and are subject to adjustment without prior notice in event of changes.
28. GENERAL EXCLUSIONS. MWT Associates, Inc. will not pay you for claims arising out of loss or damage directly or indirectly occasioned by circumstances where performance and/or prompt performance of the Passenger Ticket Contract is prevented by reason of war, or threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute whether by MWT Associates, Inc. employees or others, terrorist activity or the threat of terrorist activity, failure of supplies of power, health risks or epidemics, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or adverse sea states, your suicide or attempted suicide or your deliberate exposure to unnecessary danger, or the consequences of participating in an unusual and dangerous activity and all similar circumstances outside MWT Associates’ control.
29. MAPS AND PHOTOGRAPHS. Maps shown are for general information only and may not necessarily reflect actual routings and services provided. Hotel photographs may not necessarily reflect the standard of any room purchased.
30. PHOTOGRAPHY. By participating in an astronomical adventure with MWT Associates, Inc. you consent to having your name, face, likeness, voice and/or appearance captured in any photograph and videotapes (or portions thereof) in any format, including but not limited to, print, digital or film media now existing or hereafter developed, and you further acknowledge and agree that such photographs and videotapes (or portions thereof) may be shared with other participants in the adventure. You also agree that any such photographs and videotapes taken outside the United States may be transferred to the United States.
Photo credits will be given to personal photographs and videotapes.
31. TRAVEL CONSUMER RESTITUTION CORPORATION. For Persons Located in California: This business is a participant in the Travel Consumer Restitution Corporation (“TCRC”). If you were located in California at the time of sale, you may request reimbursement from TCRC if you are owed a refund of more than $50 for transportation or travel services, which was not refunded in a timely manner by us. The maximum amount paid by or on behalf of the Guest to us, not to exceed $15,000. A claim must be submitted to the TCRC within six months after the scheduled completion date of travel. A claim must include sufficient information and documentation to prove your claim, plus a processing fee. You must agree to waive your right to other civil remedies against us for matters arising out of a sale for which you file a claim with the TCRC, if you were located in California at the time of the sale. You may request a claim form online at: http://www.tcrcinfo.org or by writing to: Travel Consumer Restitution Corporation, P.O. Box 6001, Larkspur, CA 94977-6001; or by faxing a request to (415) 927-7698. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the state of California.
For Persons Not Located In California: If you were not located in California at the time of sale, this transaction is not covered by the California TCRC.
MWT Associates, Inc., a registered Seller of Travel in the State of California.